Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Configuration Control
at Hawaiian Airlines
Specialist, Configuration Control
Maintenance & Engineering
- Researches and makes the necessary entries or updates to the maintenance tracking system (TRAX) related to parts for aircraft configuration, effectivity and applicability, using aircraft approved substantiating data
- Supporting all customers for parts configuration changes, including but not limited to: Inventory Control, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Maintenance
- Implements the updates from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) scheduled revisions of publications and from internal airline revisions to stay current on latest aircraft configuration changes. Includes documents such as Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Wiring Diagram Manuals (WDM), Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Fault Isolation Manual (FIM), System Schematic Manual (SSM), etc.
- Review and update time-controlled components in the maintenance tracking system, assuring all OEM, CMM and Maintenance Program requirements are upheld, such as Life Limited Parts (LLP) and Hard Time components (HT)
- Administers the AD Coordination / Technical Review Group meeting with key stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained (monthly). Meeting subject includes but is not limited to airworthiness directives (AD), original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and vendor service bulletins (SB), service letters (SL), alert operators’ transmissions (AOT) and notice of proposed rulemakings (NPRM) documents
- Coordinate and document the review of OEM/vendor SB’s and SL’s with Engineering to determine if applicable procedures should be implemented
- Maintain minutes and accurate log of all dispositions from the TRG/AD meeting. Initiate data entry into the maintenance tracking system and monitor follow-on action required
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager of Configuration Control
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent a combination of education and experience is required
- Must be able to promptly respond after hours
- Must be able to travel occasionally, work flexible hours and work beyond regular hours, including weekends, holidays and non-traditional hours
- Basic knowledge of aircraft systems
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Experience in the use of aircraft maintenance and specification documents
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with XML, SGML, HGML
- Previous experience at a part 121 and/or part 145
- TRAX, Boeing Toolbox and Airbus Author/Edit products (AirNav, ADOC) experience
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.