Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Courtesy Bus Driver
at Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Driving - Bus
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time
The Courtesy Bus Driver is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This team member is responsible for the safe, friendly, efficient transportation of customers between multiple airport terminals and the Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group rental location.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Provide timely shuttle service to customers to/from airport terminal to Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group facility, in compliance with Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group’s policies and procedures and local laws.
- Personally welcome customers boarding the bus, assist with luggage and answer questions in a friendly manner.
- Effectively communicate stops and safety information through PA or Talking Bus System; if needed, communicate with other Courtesy Service Drivers, Bus operations Supervisor using standard codes.
- Provide world class customer service by determining customer’s reservation status and communicate to lounge manager / provide excellent customer service to all customers using the required customer service dialogue whilst maintaining the right company image at all times.
- Conduct bus inspection to ensure customer and employee safety and bring any defect / damage to the attention of the supervisor.
- Maintain appearance appropriate for providing best in class customer service in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure the bus is kept tidy at all times with maps available.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback to team and engaging in action planning to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
Complete any relevant paperwork in line with Company Audit and Department of Transport standards
High School Diploma or equivalent
Passion for customer service and attention to detail – Go the extra mile.
At least 1 year of commercial driving experience or record or road test or alternatively a CDL Class B with passenger and air brake endorsements
Minimum 2 years PCV catD1 driving experience (International)
Minimum of 2 years Customer Service Experience
21 years of age or older
Must be able to:
- Obtain a DOT medical clearance
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
- Work indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply
- Work in a fast pacedenvironment with a variety of tasks
- Demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lift up to 45 pounds