Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director of Human Resources
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Human Resources
- Job Location
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The all-new, vibrant ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it’s an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it’s where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili‘uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke‘alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Associate Director of Human Resources is responsible for staffing qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage, benefit, worker’s compensation unemployment; training program direction, implementation and administration; and employee relations coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human Resources/employee regulations and laws, and ensure that the property is in compliance.
- Ensure union contract compliance.
- Participate in EEO, Unemployment, Wage & Hour, Worker’s Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance.
- Communicate new policies, information, and directives to all employees.
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening and reference checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit, interview and recommend all exempt personnel.
- Maintain employee benefits programs.
- Set up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions, i.e. new hire, transfer, promotion, etc.
- Maintain open door policy.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics.
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with Loss Prevention SOP’s.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOP’s.
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training modules.
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of Highgate Hotel Enrichment committee.
- Maintain Make Your Mark (Employee of Month/Year) program.
- Practice positive employee relations, including coaching, counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain “no cost” benefit programs.
- Monitor service standards by departmental training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching, counseling and discipline to address issues/concerns.
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all employees.
- Condense and expedite paperwork, develop internal communications, improve record keeping.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files.
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.