Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The all-new, vibrant ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it’s an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it’s where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili‘uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke‘alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Security Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Security Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with a safe and secure environment throughout their stay, and for protecting hotel guests, employees and the physical property of the company.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Security personnel according to Highgate Hotel’s SOP's.
- Review activity reports of all security shifts daily.
- Review incident reports and ensure that they are written in a clear and concise manner.
- Efficiently relay all information involved in emergency situations to designated management.
- Assist outside agencies with all communication needs.
- Assist in supervising and reviewing investigations.
- Implement procedures to cover emergencies such as fires, bomb threats, weather problems, power outages and evacuation measures.
- Be an active member of the Safety Committee.
- Monitor and assist with procedures for lost and found items.
- Ensure that property patrols are regularly conducted, maintaining Security visibility and logging safety and security issues.
- Know Innkeeper’s Laws and ensure the hotel’s compliance.
- Know and ensure compliance with the Loss Prevention SOP’s.
- Assist in training all department personnel in SDS, HazComm, and Blood Borne Pathogen procedures.
- Maintain the emergency response kit.
- Assist the Human Resources Department with conducting quarterly locker room audits.
- Assist in preparing and conducting all Security interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel’s SOP's.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Security personnel.
- Review Security staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain Highgate Hotel SOP's regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel’s policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all service standards by position for Security staff.
- Carry a radio at all times. Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Maintain required pars of all Security office and stationary supplies.
- Perform guest and employee escorts as required.
- Conduct bag and package inspections.
- Conduct daily key audits and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Assist with guest requests and guestroom entries while maintaining proper security and guest privacy.
- Review Security log book and guest request log on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Monitor and ensure the use of the employee entrance.
- Involvement in the Aloha Ambassador coverage.
- Ensure overall associate satisfaction.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Managerial experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required, with an open schedule to work weekends and holidays.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs, descend stairs and run.
- On occasion must physically deter individuals who pose a threat to guests and/or employees.