Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Construction
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Hawaii Growth
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The VP of Construction will lead the project management and contruction efforts of several Highgate owned and operated hotels in Hawaii.
- Responsible for the coordination and production of high-level project budgets to assist Acquisitions in real estate evaluations.
- Post-acquisition, this leader will assemble and oversee a project team to include an onsite project manager, architect and general contractor.
- Responsible for managing preliminary design process and building programming.
- General contractor sourcing and negotiations.
- Managing construction budget, estimate evaluations and overall cost management.
- Responsible to set up and manage project updates to the various interested parties.
- Overall project timeline, schedule control & feasibility studies relating to construction and implementation.
- Work side by side with the development team in order to evaluate the viability of the project prior to acquisition.
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of construction and hotel development experience.
- The candidate should excel at organization, team development and problem solving.
- The ideal person will have strong communication and leadership skills as well as advanced knowledge in contracting, construction management, design, procurement, and scheduling.
- The person should be a self-starter and team player and be willing to travel to the various projects throughout the country.
- Hospitality experience preferred