Hilton Waikiki Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook IV (Full time)
at Hilton Waikiki Beach
This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Knowledgeable in Kitchen Display System
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and perform duties and responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To create 100% customer satisfaction by preparing quality food products and by providing “Can Do” attitude with genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality
· Prepares and properly garnishes all food orders in accordance with menu specifications
· Must be proficient in M.A.C. pantry and fry station
· Prepares dressings, sauces, soups, marinades and hot entrees in accordance with menu specifications
· Must be able to produce products following set recipes and standards
· Sets up station for meals by ensuring proper amounts are in place for forecasted covers, special functions and any reservations
· Organizes and maintains work areas, coolers and storage areas
· Checks and maintains coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food products
· Follows DOH and ECOSURE food safety and sanitation guidelines
· Takes proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
· Perform related duties as assigned by Chefs.
· Maintain compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED desired.
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· Must have TB clearance
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. 15%
· Must be able to pull and push carts up to 200 lbs 10%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: grasping and gripping objects being handled 90%
· Kneeling, bending and squatting 30%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 25%
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for an 8 hour shift
· Able to work in a kitchen environment for an 8 hour shift
· Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on communication devices.