Hilton Waikiki Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counterperson/Barista (Full-Time) AM/Midday/PM Shifts
at Hilton Waikiki Beach
To serve food and beverage items to hotel guests and walk-in guests. To prepare costumer beverages, to handle cash and attend to all duties involved in operation of a coffee bar. May also serve alcoholic beverages and perform other tasks requested by management, in accordance to the Job Requirement Listing.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Working knowledge of MICROS POS
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to perform duties & responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Is familiar with beverage (coffee) machine operation
· Has complete knowledge of our product line
· Must perform manual and electronic transactions that include: monies, room charges, credit card, coupons, and any hotel issued certificates 40%
· Handles cash and makes deposits according to procedures 5%
· Attends to all guests needs as requested 80%
· Is self-motivated in keeping the working area in clean condition 20%
· Restocks and keeps inventory of all products 10%
· Knows how to handle the turbo chef properly 10%
· Performs duties according to the Hawaii State Department of Health sanitation and food safety guidelines
· Maintains an attractive food display 10%
· Knows how to maintain all equipment; microwave, turbo chef, espresso machine, coffee brewer, fountain dispenser
· Keeps management informed at all times of all incidents during the shift
· Is self-empowered to correct mistakes and make the guests happy
· Keeps the counter area clean and neat
· Checks entrance area for cleanliness
· Is in charge of training all new “Barista” Team Members
· Is proactive and seeks new ways to improve the outlet
· Has a positive attitude and is willing to go the “extra mile”
· Demonstrates “Can Do” attitude
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· 1 year experience in Food and Beverage
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· HI Liquor card required
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. 10%
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for a 8 hour shift
· Kneeling, bending & squatting 20%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: grasping & gripping objects being handled 90%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 5%
· Carrying up to 5 lbs, occasionally up to 20 lbs 20%
· Minimal pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs 10%
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs 10%
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on communication devices
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 808 921-5504 to let us know the nature of your request. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans