Hilton Waikiki Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager- Team Member Relations
at Hilton Waikiki Beach
Hilton Waikiki Beach is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager that will focus on Team Member Relations, Benefits and Training to join their team!
- Completes human resources functions in a timely and accurate fashion, to include: recruiting, hiring and terminating employees, training, payroll, worker’s compensation, benefit administration, employee relations, safety program, record-keeping, and other administrative duties.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees
- Works with managers to identify position requirements
- Finds creative and updated methods of streamlining the HR Department
- Assists in diffusing employee issues/complaints in a timely manner and in conjunction with the Director of HR.
- Oversees administration of HR/Benefits issues and ensures adherence to employment related laws
- Keeps current on applicable laws
- Maintains records in accordance with the law
- Provides payroll with the required information to process paychecks
- Coordinates participation by employees in the benefit plan; seeks opportunities to market existing benefits and supplement with locally provided benefits as appropriate
- Coordinates in conjunction with the Director of HR, the hotel’s response to legal claims regarding the employment relationships; coordinates with corporate as appropriate
- Supports on-going Hilton brand and Stanford Hotels training by working with managers and employees to develop and implement fresh approaches
- Ensures that key education and training courses are delivered at the hotel in accordance with Hilton brand and Stanford Hotels standards
- Ensures that employees receive the reinforcement of training needed to understand expectations and job responsibilities
- Counsels managers and employees on effective ways to communicate and reinforce performance expectations and address and resolve employment related issues
- Encourages recognition of employee’ contribution by coordinating a hotel-wide recognition programs.
- Assists in coaching employees both line level and managers on effective ways to motivate the team and maximize employee engagement.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a Human Resources management capacity and preferably within the Hospitality industry.
- Previous work experience in Benefits Administration and Training preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local labor laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field of study and/or Human Resources professional certification required.
- Flexibility and availability to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 808 921-5504 to let us know the nature of your request. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans