This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
Responsible for welcoming, seating guests and coordinating the activities in the restaurant to service our guests. Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Excellent proficiency in MICROS POS
· Excellent proficiency in OpenTable
· Excellent telephone etiquette
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and perform duties & responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality
· Exhibits knowledge of all items on the menu, drink and wine list
· Possesses a valid liquor card at all times
· Processes customer restaurant bills promptly and accurately
· Ensure the table is properly set before seating guests 15%
· Assign server station assignments 5%
· Maintain seating chart for rotation of stations 15%
· Greet and seat guest properly and present menus 20%
· Answer phone punctually and properly 10%
· Responsible for taking take out and room service orders, then giving the orders to the appropriate Server/Bartender to be entered into the MICROS POS
· Answer and record all reservation inquiries on the OpenTable reservations systems
· Collect menus from dining room ensuring they are clean, presentable and organized 5%
· Ensuring the Host stand has adequate supplies (ie: Keiki menus, Crayons, Takeout menus, seasonal flyers. 5%
· Demonstrates knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities and local information to respond to customer questions 5%
· Ensure the area near the entrance of the restaurant and host stand are clean, neat and presentable 5%
· Remove extra table settings when seating guest and review table collateral introducing M.A.C. specials, drinks, seasonal promotions 10%
· Effective verbal communication with Managers and other F&B Team Members using two way radio via ear piece 10%
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager