Hilton Waikiki Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Room Service Server (Full-Time) AM & PM Shifts
at Hilton Waikiki Beach
This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
Responsible for serving guests food and beverage in the hotel.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Excellent proficiency in MICROS POS
· Knowledgeable in Kitchen Display System
· Excellent telephone etiquette and able to identify guest category
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to perform duties & responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Assist in the M.A.C. 24/7 restaurant when there are no room service orders to be delivered
· Delivers guest amenities as ordered and/or requested
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality
Provides food and beverage service to guests in the hotel
· Provides guest with overview of menu choices
· Takes guests’ order – provides explanation of menu as appropriate
· Enters order into the MICROS POS
· Prepares food and/or drink orders for delivery to the guest
· Ensures guest order has appropriate silverware and condiments
· Places hot food items into the hot box located under the room service table
· Prompt and timely delivery of order to guest
· At the room, follows expected sequence of service to ensure guest satisfaction
· Collect accurate payment for each guest order
· Assists service team as necessary to meet and exceed the guests’ expectations
· Picks up guest trays within 1 hour of delivery
Sets up room service station for appropriate shift by:
· Picking up of all room service equipment from the hotel floors
· Restocking all needed items to bring them up to par
· Setting out condiments as appropriate
· Perform related duties as assigned by Manager
· Maintain compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· Liquor card required
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs 10%
· Minimal pushing and pulling tables up to 20 – 50 lbs 20%
· Minimal pushing and pulling of stainless steel cart up to 50 lbs 20%
· Carrying up to 5 lbs, occasionally up to 25 lbs 20%
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for an 8 hour shift
· Kneeling, bending & squatting 20%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: grasping and grabbing objects being handled 90%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 5%
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on communication devices
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 808 921-5504 to let us know the nature of your request. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans