Hilton Waikiki Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Steward (Part time)
at Hilton Waikiki Beach
This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
Provide clean china, glass and flatware to entire restaurant and banquet staff in a timely efficient manner. Assist kitchen with food preparation responsibilities. Assist in maintenance of kitchen. Operates dishwasher to properly clean all dishes. Banquet functions; and maintain a clean, sanitary and safe kitchen.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· General knowledge and experience with technical devices (i.e. computers and tablets)
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Make it Right” attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Make it Right” attitude and genuine hospitality
Work with the chief Steward on daily banquet functions.
· Reads Banquet Event Order to determine type of function (buffet, sit down, etc.), food items, supplies needed,
· Checks all cold food and desserts prior to start of function
· Transports food from prep area to function
· Maintains supply of clean dishware, utensils, et cetera, for all buffets
· Monitors dishwasher machine and makes adjustments when needed
· Ensures proper amount of dishes and lids have been set-up
· Monitors break down and washing of all dishware and utensils
Maintains a clean kitchen environment by assisting kitchen personnel in following standard cleaning practices
· Sweeps and mops the entire kitchen and dish room
· Washes all clearing counters and shelves
· Washes mats with bleach after each use
· Assists kitchen personnel with set-up and breakdown of cafeteria
· Monitors trash levels in all cans and removes when needed
· Perform related duties as assigned by Manager
· Maintain compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on all communication devices.