Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Executive II - National Accounts
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The National Account Consultant II serves as the primary HMSA driver in managing a defined book of business involving mid-sized national employer groups as well as consultants that support these national groups or a private exchange. The National Account Consultant's primary responsibilities are to develop and execute account strategies to protect market share, promote in-force growth, and secure new business within specific assigned accounts.
The successful candidate will have an in depth understanding of national healthcare trends and employer needs with the ability to align those trends and needs to HMSA product offerings and initiatives.
Requires regular employer and customer site visits, including travel to neighbor islands, and service and escalation calls (more than 50% of time spent offsite) with group leaders, and with key decision makers and consultants to conduct benefit and health plan education, develop relationships and acquire new business for HMSA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Four years successful field-based customer service experience in the mid-large corporate account market (or equivalent supervisory or industry knowledge in relevant/similar positions).
- One year of successful sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Negotiating and sales skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
- Must have valid driver's license, access to an automobile with current license, registration and no fault insurance for business travel for meetings with employer groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Account Plans defining customer's specific business and competitive situation, identifying early indications of membership growth opportunities and competitive threats.
- Use account data and critical thinking to effectively marry customer goals and objectives to HMSA's products and services.
- Achieve membership goals, quotas and minimum activity standards.
- Manage RFI and RFP responses ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Promote HMSA's products and services through consistent customer contact including on-site visits with local contacts as well as phone and email correspondence with mainland contacts.
- Research and analyze information to understand HMSA position on specific customer issues and if needed, negotiate acceptable outcomes with customer.
- Responsible for being the primary contact for all complex existing account service issues and to delegate to the Account Admin, the secondary account contact for administrative tasks.
- Discuss strategic issues related to specific accounts with AMS Leadership on a timely basis, offering recommended solutions.
- Become a trusted advisor to accounts as well as with the accounts' consultants/brokers.
- Grow relationships with groups through resolving issues and providing innovative solutions to group inquiries.
- Lead quarterly account planning sessions with employer group contact to review group health plan situation (population growth, utilization, high claims) and recommend strategies to improve population health and reduce premium costs.
- Educate employer groups on new HMSA programs and industry trends and the impact of these trends on cost and utilization.
- Manage internal and external customer relationships to ensure that employer needs are identified and addressed on a timely basis.
- Partner with rating analyst and Underwriting management for renewal rate development, work with product management analyst for new benefit development, work with USAble Life for ancillary product proposal development.
- Lead internal work groups to deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Perform complex business analyses of customer's business requirements and develop proposals that exceed customers' requirements. Collaborate with key areas of the organization to present a comprehensive, integrated healthcare story for the employer group through presentations and written summaries.
- Evaluate account-specific utilization and identify opportunities for plan design and financial arrangement changes that positively affect the financial needs of the employer groups through data analysis and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Understand and identify the strategic vision and objectives within the employer group organizations while aligning HMSA products and services to ensure those business objectives are achieved.
- Work with legal department to develop contract language that accurately describe and meet the terms of a negotiated settlement.
- Embrace continuous learning of the health care industry and Government regulations as well as HMSA's product offerings, value proposition and internal processes
- Actively maintain an understanding of the drivers and trends within the healthcare industry and HMSA that affect HMSA's employer groups and shape their business and buying decisions.
- Responsible for bringing information about the marketplace, customer needs perspectives, expectations, demands and requests to HMSA. (obtain competitor information from within each assigned account)
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities and opportunities. Research and communicate marketing and sales intelligence relating to competition and changes in the marketplace.
- Maintain accurate records of all activity and provide management with a weekly report on proposal/sales activity, jeopardy/lost accounts, competition, major issues.
- Special projects as assigned.