Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Member Advocacy and Appeals)
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
Provides general administrative and clerical support to the Operations Support area as well as the leadership and staff of the Member Advocacy and Appeals (MAA) Department. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a good understanding and working knowledge of standard policies, procedures, practices, rules and instructions consistent with both HMSA and MAA guiding principles. Performs full range of assignments as part of a fast-paced environment with stringent accuracy and timeliness requirements. Must function efficiently and effectively both individually and as a member of the team.
- Associate's degree; or High School Diploma (HSD) with two (2) years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic email, word, excel skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clerical support to unit and department management and staff.
- Performs general office work such as document reproduction, scanning, facsimile and email transmission, general typing, filing, travel arrangements (air, hotel and transportation), and supply requisitions. Process incoming/outgoing mail and maintain compliance with corporate response standards
- Assists in coordination of department events to include managing invitations, meeting room reservations, setting up audio/visual equipment, preparing presentations material for distribution, catering and other miscellaneous meeting requirements as directed by management.
- Generates and distributes reports on a regular basis.
- Updates Staff Directory, as needed.
- Answers phone and takes detailed messages, checks email and fax and distributes accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.