Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Disruption Risk Lead
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
This position is responsible for the documentation, implementation, and management of Enterprise Emergency Response and Business Continuity plans. These plans ensure that the organization can prepares and respond to business disruptions and return to normal operations in a safe and timely manner. This position must be able to work across all departments and job levels within the organization to achieve desired results. This position will conduct risk assessments and incident post mortems, identify gaps or improvements; and lead efforts to bring to close open items. This position must also work well with all grade levels within HMSA, leadership, with local Business Continuity professionals, with local government agencies, and with members of the community.
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of related work experience; or equivalent of education and related work experience.
- Five (5) years of related work experience, including:
- Two (2) years of experience working with current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies or business continuity.
- Two (2) years of experience managing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Disruption Incident Management:
- Lead the development and management of the Enterprise Emergency Response plan.
- Lead mitigation and recovery activities during a business disruption. Ensure that communications are maintained during the incident period.
- Provide direction to business units on the development of their emergency response and business continuity plans.
- Manage the structure of the Emergency Management Team (EMT) and other response teams within the business. Work on a planned structure to manage participants on these teams and to ensure that their planned actions will be effective and efficient.
- Design and implement disaster recovery training for department liaisons. Develop any necessary instructional and informational materials.
- Lead emergency response testing and annual system recovery exercise. Identify gaps and enable solutions.
- During and following an incident, review incident reports on a periodic basis as defined by management and follow up to understand and communicate critical details.
- Lead post mortem root cause assessments as requested by management. Develop action plans to remediate gaps and work with responsible parties to complete them. Develop and present reports as needed
- Lead the development, and on-going maintenance of recovery, physical security and safety plans.
- Lead the development of testing methodologies for recovery, physical security and safety. Participate materially in individual testing exercises and the analysis of results.
- Periodically review changes in Association resources with the management of those areas to assure the effectiveness of existing processes.
- Perform any work necessary to ensure that plans are maintained in a current state and will be successful at delivering their desired outcome under then current business conditions
- Actively participate in the formulation of IS strategic recovery plans that support a timely recovery of business services following a service outage
- Lead work in the definition of potential risks, the analysis of their impact, the development of mitigation strategies, and the implementation of those strategies as they related to business continuity and emergency response. These evaluations may be extended to HMSA's critical vendors and associates.
- Support the analysis of environmental and equipment configurations for critical resources. Conduct necessary research to make recommendations to management staff on mitigation activities
- Provide direction and recommendations to the EMT.
- Research and provide information required under an authorized audit or contractual reporting requirement.
- Maintain contact with outside contingency planning professionals and local/regional emergency response groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.