Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Specialist I - Membership Services
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
Learn and develop required analytical skills and business knowledge needed to support projects that will improve or enhance enrollment processing. Assist with defining and implementing process improvements, supporting company-wide projects, develop/revise existing processes, procedures and other documentation, and training internal staff. Learn system testing procedures with internal/external customers and business partners and resolve file or data discrepancies.
- Bachelor's (BA) degree; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of customer or business problems and recommend process improvement solutions that could include system enhancements and/or revisions to workflows and other documentation.
- Work with operational staff to implement process improvement solutions related to enrollment processing, including system enhancements, workflow or procedural testing. Evaluate metrics to determine success of solutions.
- Build knowledge on data definitions, file format specifications and data mapping between internal applications to support electronic exchange of membership information within HMSA, and between employer groups/third party administrator and business partners. Support communication efforts with employers/third party administrators and external business partners to facilitate testing of electronic exchange of membership information and move to production within agreed-upon timeframes.
- Support development of new or revise existing documentation. Assist with training internal staff on new or revised procedures and workflows. Learn to define business requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.