Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Call Center Coordinator
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Reports directly to the Manager, AMS Call Center and is responsible for answering telephone inquiries, channeling those inquiries to appropriate parties, typing all correspondences, and performing various administrative functions for the team. This position supports HMSA's overall sales and service strategies. It requires knowledge of all small employer group plan benefits, individual plan benefits, Medicare plan benefits, group life, temporary disability insurance, government related health care laws and applicable rates to properly communicate a response that will satisfy customer inquiries to HMSA.
- Associate's degree and one year of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills --comfort with face to face communication
- Strong negotiating and sales skills.
- Excellent customer servicing skills.
- Decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Skills to coach and provide feedback to employees.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create materials such as call scripts, standard response emails, policies and training materials for the staff designed to increase productivity and improve customer experience.
- Assist with monitoring and training the call center staff.
- Ensure each caller has the most positive experience as possible. Performs quick and efficient transaction fulfillment of telephone calls or email from prospective or current HMSA employer groups and members.
- Monitor call center calls to provide appropriate guidance and coaching.
- Responsible for obtaining and reviewing call statistics on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and reports this call data analysis to the management team. Utilizes statistics to measure specific employee and overall call center effectiveness.
- Protect HMSA market share through assisting the team with successful renewal and retention of assigned accounts.
- Serve as back--up for the sales function, when needed.
- Serve as back-up when needed in the leadership function by providing guidance to reps, when needed.
- Help to close sales when needed, and provide HMSA products and servicing to our Oahu CRG small business customers.
- Coordinate problem solving associated with escalated group inquiries.
- Manage internal and external customer relationships to ensure that employer product and servicing.
- needs are identified and addressed.
- Assigned to health, and product fairs and public service events throughout the year, to represent HMSA at public events.
- Reports key call center metrics
- Interface with USAble and HMSA compensation analysts to ensure accurate and timely commission payments.
- Maintain accurate records of all account activity and provide management with a weekly report on sales opportunities, proposals, jeopardy/lost accounts, sales activities, and servicing issues.
- Validate sales reports and forward as appropriate.
- Validate applications, and ensure accuracy
- Other duties as assigned.