Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Solutions Engineer
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Provides technical leadership for the development, maintenance and support of complex hardware, software and/or network problems. Defines procedures for monitoring and evaluates, diagnoses and establishes work plans to resolve system issues.
Leads multiple projects/systems/issues.
- Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate in programming/systems, computer science, or management information systems and five years of relevant information technology work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. May substitute a higher level degree, specialized training, certification and less work experience.
- Requires a high level of expertise in multiple system environments.
- Experience in leading teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for leading the support of client hardware and software products. Ensures the reliability of the systems operating or network environment, and plans the implementation of new IT service enhancements. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Participates in long-term infrastructure technology strategy and planning for the organization.
- Participates in defining architecture and technology standards to optimize system performance and integrity.
- Provides consultation to application development teams regarding platform requirements and provides recommendations for both the design and action plans for system integration or migration.
- Provides technical expertise across business functions, understanding the relationship between the business and the platform technologies that support the business. Explains platform capabilities.
- Reviews and makes recommendations requests for IT technology that deviates from the established architecture and technology standards.
- Leads project planning and requirements efforts. Recommends and creates action plans for systems development and/or integration.
- Leads others in analyzing assigned specifications; codes, tests, and implements solutions utilizing appropriate software/hardware engineering processes. Plans and implements major software upgrades and ensures that change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Configures, installs, maintains, and upgrades platform systems that support various applications. Makes decisions on configuration options. Updates configuration management tools. Documents procedures for performing configurations.
- Ensures fixed asset and disposal procedures are adhered to. Designs and implements equipment replacement plan. Maintains inventory of spare hardware as appropriate.
- Determines user needs and incorporates them into design and overall plan for the architecture of the platform.
- Defines procedures for user access to the platform. Defines permissions and access levels.
- Sets up and monitors new access and services systems. Determines if inactive accounts should be deleted. Supervises the installation of system upgrades and service packs.
- Monitors service level agreements to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded. Escalates problems as required based on SLAs. Informs management as appropriate. Develops client satisfaction metrics and service procedures with client input.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses complex and escalated problems. Designs the remote support architecture so that team members can investigate and solve problems remotely. Reviews checklists and scripts. Works with multiple vendors coordinating solutions between users and product manufacturers.
- Updates users on trouble ticket status. Ensures follow-up procedures are adhered to. Tracks customer satisfaction.
- Plans and schedules hardware and software repairs and installations. Coordinates, negotiates and plans repairs with multiple vendors.
- Reviews tracking log to identify recurring problems. Identifies training needs to users. Shares knowledge with users, development teams and support.
- Evaluates performance problems and determines the required course of action. Optimizes servers, operating systems and/or network components/systems as needed. Utilizes modeling software to analyze capacity and growth. Recommends solutions/improvements. Ensures capacity and resource planning are performed to specifications.
- Maintains system security by checking logs for issues such as attempted intrusion. Reports security issues when appropriate. Installs security software and installs anti-virus software.
- Develops and implements contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Leads system integration testing on the platform of operating systems, system utilities, network component/systems, hardware upgrades, as well as new software and hardware technologies. Develops test plans.
- Identifies the need for major support contracts. Reviews vendor proposals for new hardware and software and platform applications. Works with vendors with initial setups and learns procedures.
- Researches and evaluates software/hardware products, platform applications, and industry trends to assist in project development and operational support activities. Participates in Technical Review Committee (TRC) if needed to ensure enterprise-wide standardization.
- Provides after business hours support, as needed.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Plans and executes platform upgrades, patches, and promotions.
- Facilitates business process analysis and design to execute platform configuration and customizations.