Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Program Manager
Job Reference #: 5000471745306
Categories: Advertising/Marketing/PR, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Provide project management leadership for HMSA's mission-critical communications campaigns and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree and four (4) years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Experience in project management in a publishing or production environment.
- Effective written, verbal, listening, and presentation communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the concurrent timelines and resources associated with multiple high-level, mission-critical, cross-departmental projects. The size, scope, and content of the projects may vary, and being able to handle the demands of several complex projects simultaneously is critical.
- Manage the work of team members including writers, graphic artists, advertising and public relations professionals, and web developers/ designers.
- Ensure the critical flow of communication between all of the key players including the customer, communications resources, and management.
- Develop comprehensive communication plans for all large projects and campaigns and manage the timely completion of Communication's deliverables.
- Identify project requirements, milestone criteria, task dependencies, and create schedules to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Track the day-to-day schedules of project deliverables, work directly with cross-departmental team members, facilitate communication and provide status updates to the business owner, executive sponsor, and project team.
- Responsible for budget tracking and projections. Project budgets may reach up to $2 million.
- Responsible for coordinating projects between writing and graphic arts design resources and customers to ensure consistent quality of work.
- Provides leadership and direction to the team, leading team meetings as necessary and directing each team member's contribution as necessary.
- Drive development and implementation of departmental processes, procedures and tools to enable efficient high-quality, cross-media publishing of all communications deliverable including printed materials, presentations, videos, and web components.
- Ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion by appropriate team members escalating as necessary to avoid delays in schedules.
- Functions as a senior member of the department, participating on the management team, and helping to lead the department toward meeting its goals, mission and vision.
- Partner with the designated business area to solve complex communications challenges. Understand a customer's business area and become a trusted advisor. Recommend workflow changes and alternative solutions that truly streamline their business processes and achieve positive outcomes.
Perform Other Duties/Functions as needed.