Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance and Ethics Coordinator
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Under the general guidance of the Compliance & Ethics Manager, the Compliance & Ethics Coordinator is responsible for implementing the Compliance and Ethics (C&E) program for HMSA and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related work experience, including a minimum of one year of audit, legal, or compliance-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Experience dealing in a regulated environment involving compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with general compliance and ethics issues.
- Projects management skills.
- Problems solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Duties and Responsibilities
Under general supervision from the Compliance and Ethics Manager:
- Effective Program Communication
- Promotes effective communication between the compliance and ethics office, employees, contingent workers, and vendors. Respond timely to inquiries and issues of noncompliance raised through any of the established communication channels, including the hotline, and escalate to the C&E Manager, C&E Officer, program Compliance Officer, as appropriate.
- Promote adherence to the Compliance and Ethics Program through participation in the development and execution of education and awareness training programs for employees, management, contractors, consultants, or other contingent workers. Support the development and implementation of the annual communication plan.
- Assist in the implementation and operation of the C&E program including the distribution of the Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Routinely monitor the effectiveness of the compliance program, review reports from internal compliance audits, investigations, and external audits or examinations for the purpose of identifying troublesome issues and deficient areas, and implement corrective and preventive action.
- Manages the exclusion checking process on a monthly basis to identify individuals that are on the national terrorist list or federal and exclusion lists.
- Reviews and analyzes employee disclosures and takes necessary actions to address or manage identified risks.
- Maintain necessary documentation related to the C&E program. Assist with the preparation of periodic reports concerning the effectiveness of the program for department leadership, the Compliance & Ethics Advisory Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Lead investigations of alleged actual or potential violations reported under the corporate Compliance and Ethics program to identify any wrongdoing and the parties involved, assess risk or negative impact, recommend disciplinary action, and make recommendations for criminal or civil prosecution. Prepare reports of investigation findings and recommendations for appropriate action and provide the reports to the Compliance and Ethics Officer for review prior to final action. Follow up to ensure adequacy and timeliness of any disciplinary and/or corrective action.
- Maintain requisite knowledge of compliance and ethics and related fields by participating in appropriate professional organizations and conferences, seminars, and meetings. Address any other areas deemed necessary to ensure the effective operation of HMSA's Compliance and Ethics Program.
- Maintain satisfactory interpersonal relationships with Compliance and Ethics staff and operating and executive management. Cooperate and coordinate with other staff within the department and throughout HMSA in accomplishing the job responsibilities; be a team player and serve as a role model for others in the organization by always exhibiting courtesy, caring, helpfulness, and respect; be attentive, cooperative, kind, pleasant, respectful, and sensitive when dealing with members, visitors, the public, and other employees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Compliance and Ethics Officer.