Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Review Senior Lead
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Under the general guidance of the Compliance & Ethics Manager, the Compliance Review Senior Lead manages the design, planning, coordination, implementation and execution of compliance reviews, and monitoring HMSA's Compliance Programs across all lines of business consistent with federal and state laws/regulations.
- Bachelor's (BA) degree with five years of related work experience, including two years of audit, legal, or compliance-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with general compliance and ethics issues.
- Experience dealing in a regulated environment involving compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Sound business knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Knowledge of common business and functional procedures.
- Knowledge of common financial, operational and management controls.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the Compliance and Ethics Monitoring Program Plan by developing and performing reviews of medium to high complexity to promote and validate compliance with federal and state laws/regulations, government program rules, sub-regulatory guidance, and internal documented processes (i.e., policy & procedures, desktop procedures, workflows, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Independently research and analyze the related laws/regulations, regulatory and sub-regulatory guidance and documented processes.
- Assess compliance by establishing clear objectives; identifying and requesting necessary information; conducting interviews, and developing and executing testing methodology.
- Recommend improvements of varying complexities to achieve compliance and reduce the level of risk.
- Participate in management discussions to develop corrective actions that address the underlying root causes for failures in meeting compliance standards.
- Report results to management and executive management, and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor status of corrective action plan implementation and validate evidence that supports implementation to close findings. Periodically report on the status of the remediation plans