Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract and Vendor Management Senior Analyst
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Contract and Vendor Management Senior Analyst manages and supports HMSA's effort to effectively manage contractual relationships with vendors, service providers and internal stakeholders throughout the vendor acquisition lifecycle process.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting with the development, building and management of a holistic vendor management support framework, while providing oversight and delivery of an efficient and effective Contract and Vendor Management program that supports effective risk and value management processes for various areas within HMSA and its subsidiaries. This position serves as a key internal advisor and primary liaison to the various business units in both HMSA and the subsidiaries on contracting and ongoing vendor management.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for working with IS Governance, Business Governance, and other internal departments to design, enhance, recommend as well as to implement, manage, monitor and execute the HMSA internal processes that form the foundation for the enterprise-wide Vendor Management Program.The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for assisting with implementing and designing a contract and vendor management tool that will enable the CVM department to effectively manage contractual relationships both between the vendor and HMSA as well as internal Vendor Managers/Business Owners and CVM. Responsibilities will also include assisting with the oversight and management of the tool.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Broad level of knowledge on project management, business process management, information systems and/or document management systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for being a key team member in the design and implementation as well as the management of the follow-up monitoring and auditing of the enterprise wide vendor management program, which may include a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool or a Contract and Vendor Management tool. May be required to lead and coordinate the effort for process design, requirements definition, business process analysis, and training on control development.
- Responsible for end-to-end (RFI/RFP to final contracting) vendor management processes for HMSA and all subsidiaries of HMSA. Works in conjunction with all HMSA support and business areas. This activity works closely with the business areas and legal counsel to ensure contract risk if mitigated and services clearly defined.
- Responsible for the end-to-end (Procurement and RFI/RFP to final contracting) vendor arrangement review process of specific segments of HMSA, specialties or contract types as assigned by the Contract and Vendor Management Manager. Working with or on behalf of business sponsor, reviews and analyzes contracts/responses for consistency among business proposals, vendor proposals and business/operational requirements. Works in conjunction with other HMSA governance, support and business units.
- Develop, maintain and oversee organization-wide inventory/directory of contracts to facilitate accurate financial projections, strategic planning and trigger periodic reviews for renewals or other control purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.