Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Union Teller
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
Service the HMSA Credit Union membership by receiving and providing withdrawals and deposits from members in accordance with NCUA financial standards and guidelines. This position performs balancing and reconciliation functions relative to Credit Union deposits, neighbor island transactions, insufficient funds and other general Credit Union services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 18 months of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Six (6) months cash handling experience
- Must have an acceptable credit report to enter into position. Has exposure to cash transactions, so must be bondable. This is a condition of employment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process member deposits, withdrawals, loan and credit card payments, wires, money orders, traveler's checques, delinquent accounts, and other member transactions directly (walk-ins and by phone) or indirectly (mail received).
- Process, disburse and market member loans, consulting with the member, and review member loan data inclusive of analyzing member credit reports. Analyzes member's credit history and factors to determine and recommend the best type of loan, loan rate, and term that is most suitable to fit the member's needs.
- Uses multiple resources and techniques to research and resolve inquiries and concerns regarding ACH, direct deposit, credit cards, debit cards, money orders, and HMSA EFCU daily deposits with Bank of Hawaii on a timely basis.
- To open and close member accounts and to process and verify the required reports.
- Processing, setting-up in the data system, balancing and corresponding to Credit Union member regarding direct deposits transactions into their accounts.
- Process returned checks (NSF) notify member and Bank of Hawaii of shortage required.
- Research and validate delinquent loan accounts, send out delinquent notices and resolve member delinquency by developing a payment plan to bring member loan accounts to a current status.
- Conduct daily validation and resolve all below minimum accounts with direct or indirect communication with members.
- Conduct daily validation and resolve all member reports regarding possible compromising of member debit or credit cards.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.