Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Furniture Mover and Installer II (ROC-1 year from DOH)
Job Reference #: 5000510882206
Employment TypeFull Time - Regular-On-Contract
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
Position Status: One (1) Year from Date of Hire
Effectively and safely assembles and maintains clean, structurally sound, ergonomically safe, government compliant, and functional offices, work stations, and work spaces for use by HMSA employees. Develops and expands past basic skills and knowledge (learned on-the-job) to be able to independently perform a wide-range of system furniture installation, reconfiguration and adjustment tasks; maximizes opportunities for the Association, and manages risks; provides information to management, and guidance and assistance to other unit staff members.
Work impacts the timeliness, quality and cost of work in the department and contributes towards HMSA's mission to deliver exceptional service and outstanding results to our customers.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) and 18 months of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Familiarity with the use of basic tools such as power drills, screwdrivers, tape measures, hammers, wrenches, etc.
- Valid driver's license and driver's abstract that meets department qualifications. Required to drive company vehicles.
- The job requires operational work that requires driving, prolonged standing, repeated bending, repeated lifting, pushing, pulling, or holding material weighing up to 75 pounds with or without assistance and pushing items weighing up to 200 lbs using equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs regular work, follows instructions and examples for reference. Refers requests for exceptions to Team Lead, Project Lead, or Supervisor for resolution.
- Under the direction of the team lead, project lead or Unit Supervisor, assists with the installation, reconfiguration, and adjustment of work stations using system furniture component. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reads and follows AutoCad drawings of various lines of modular furniture to build or reconfigure offices, meeting areas, work stations, and storage areas by using hand and power tools.
- Performs work station adjustments by adding, replacing, removing and/or repositioning furniture components.
- Inspects system furniture components for damage before accepting deliveries.
- Verifies product availability for upcoming projects and assists with staging furniture components.
- Assists with the movement and transport of systems furniture components, office equipment, tools, parts and other supplies to or from work sites, including packing and crating for commercial shipment.
- Loads and unloads cargo from storage units or transport vehicles.
- Assists with inventory control.
- Helps to identify, locate, and reserve or retrieve stored parts and accessories.
- Helps to maintain accurate and up-to-date inventories of supplies, parts, and stored items by recording the movement of material into and out of storage.
- Maintains and accounts for inventory of assigned tools.
- Communicates assignment status or problems to the team leader or management staff.
- Helps to maintain furniture, office equipment, facilities, tools, and other items
- Helps to repair or refinish furniture
- Discards unserviceable furniture components, parts, boxes, packing material, and other debris.
- Performs minor facilities repairs including, but not limited to, patching holes, painting, repositioning light and other fixtures, shaving doors, and replacing door knobs, locks, switch plates, outlet covers, or other items.
- Hangs pictures, clocks, boards, etc.
- Completes and files paperwork associated with installation work in order to help the area maintain accurate statistics.
- Assist with Improvement Projects:
- Apply recommended courses of action to operations.
- Provide information on the effectiveness of new processes and procedures.
- Other Duties/Functions:
- Perform other duties as assigned.