Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health and Well-Being Advisor
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Supports HMSA's overall sales strategies by strategically servicing the benefit and health plan education needs of our employer groups and their employees, and optimizes selling opportunities during those interactions. Conduct Open Enrollment presentations, Group Leader Workshop sessions and seminars. Utilizes mass marketing communication vehicles such as webinar, direct mail, e-mail, social media etc. to educate HMSA's group membership on the value of HMSA, and also provide members with information on their specific employer benefit packages.
Requires regular employer and customer site visits, including travel to neighbor islands, and service and escalation calls (more than 50% of time spent offsite) with group leaders, and with key decision makers, consultants and group members to conduct benefit and health plan education, develop relationships and foster marketing potentials and acquire new business for HMSA.
- Associate's degree and one (1) year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent planning, organizing and priority management skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem analysis and coordination skills.
- Effective sales, negotiation, or persuasion skills.
- Time and priority management skills.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires safely operating an insured automobile for travel to off-site locations to conduct and accomplish business related activities.
- Must have valid driver's license, access to an automobile with current license, registration and no fault insurance.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Open Enrollment sales presentations, Question and Answer sessions, and supports Health fairs at employer sites on Oahu and the Neighbor Islands.
- Plan, staff, coordinate, and organize seminars strategically to drive awareness of HMSA's value proposition.
- Employ exceptional selling skills to sell, promote, educate and implement HMSA and ancillary products and services to existing and potential members on the group specific plans offered, Disease Management and Preventive Care programs, and other programs in accordance with the strategic marketing goals of HMSA.
- Respond to members' questions regarding plan benefits and provisions, as well as general questions relating to HMSA. Questions are standard and of non-sensitive nature.
- Resolve member complaints as necessary.
- Meet marketing plan established goals and contribute to meeting annual sales revenue and membership growth objectives.
- Prioritize multiple requests and pro-active initiatives based on needs of the business, customer experience, and member experience, to ensure that time is spent in the most productive manner.
- Work in a cross functional team of Strategic Account Manager/Account Relationship Consultant/Account Service Representative/HPA.
- Participate in the account planning -- strategize and prioritize OE support.
- Schedule sessions for the account a head of time.
- Use existing or lightly customized materials/communication or agendas for seminars.
- Learn and understand the content of Open Enrollment materials and may assist with material updates. Obtains materials from internal sources and distributes to groups in a timely manner.
- Assist in conducting training and/ or seminars for employer groups' Human Resource administrators and/or group decision makers at workshops and/or seminar sessions and conducts other presentations/trainings based on business needs.
- Educates and advises administrators regarding their group health plan benefits and provisions, HMSA programs, the enrollment, billing and payment policies and procedures, and health care regulations such as the Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Act, COBRA, USERRA, HIPAA, QMCSO, TEFRA. Responds to group leaders' questions regarding these subjects, as well as general questions relating to HMSA.
- Assists with the development of new presentations to support business objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.