Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Data Analytics
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Works independently with internal and external customers to clearly articulate and define business problem(s) to be solved; reviews data sources and preps needed data; performs required analysis; applies accepted statistical methodologies where applicable; documents the process that was followed and data sources/tools used; ensures results have been validated (statistically, if necessary); and prepares/presents findings that are informative and audience appropriate to drive decision making across various levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of demonstrated analytics experience ((or two (2) years health care industry analytics experience in relevant/similar positions)) or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency with Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) tools and databases.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: SQL, R or SAS/SPSS.
- Demonstrated understanding of data (types, content reliability, etc.).
- Demonstrated problem solving and data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Demonstrated understanding/use of dashboards, data visualization tools, and advanced and custom graphics.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills where individual worked on multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Management: Reviews data sources and preps needed data
- Identifies existing and new data sources
- Performs data prototyping, if necessary, to agree what data can/not be used
- Preps data for use in analysis, goes back to source if problems are found, and identifies other options/alternatives if problems cannot be resolved
- Performs review of data to ensure completeness/accuracy/timeliness for the purpose of the analysis
- Ensures existing, approved, corporate tools used can accept/integrate the data
- Where necessary (and if practical to be done within the delivery timeframe of a project), facilitates the identification and use of new tools and works with the Technical Review Committee to authorize its use
- Analytics and Technical Acumen : Performs required analysis, applies accepted statistical methodologies where applicable, and documents the process that was followed and data sources/tools used
- Determines what kind of analytics will be performed (descriptive, predictive, prescriptive) and defines/documents overall framework.
- Where appropriate, applies linear regression (correlation, contingency table, ANOVA, inference, chi-square, t-test) and/or time series methods (data set-up, conversions, trends, decomposition, models, forecasts, confidence).
- Utilizes appropriate tools to load, integrate, and analyze data
- Conducts analysis and documents findings, identifies unexpected anomalies and root cause (if possible) and determines if analysis can continue, identifies alternatives if anomalies cannot be resolved
- Ensures reproducibility of outcomes
- Documents entire analysis process, including business problem, data sources, methods and tools used, project reference, and outcomes
- Implements pre-emptive actions, where possible.
- Project Definition and Coordination: Lead meetings with internal and external customers to clearly articulate and define business problem(s) of medium/high complexity and impact (department/function specific, external customer centric, or part of a corporate project)
- Types of projects include descriptive and predictive analytics
- Applies a whole company perspective, draws upon previous knowledge and experience, and -- where necessary -- researches new/other approaches to identify and agree upon objectives, approach, and success measures
- Works with customer to submit appropriate paperwork (ISS, TPDR, etc.) and ensures necessary agreements are in place for external customers
- Defines delivery milestones and negotiates timeframes, monitors progress, and periodically notifies customer of status
- Effective Communication: Works primarily with department heads or function leads to prepare/present findings that are informative and audience appropriate
- Reviews findings and outcomes with customer, ensures business problem/objectives have been met, and prepares documentation of the analysis
- Where necessary, manage divergent views in the audience and advises the internal/external customer on any recommendations or options that will facilitate data and analysis driven decision making.
- Prepares a presentation of the analysis, process followed, and reviews it with the customer to ensure the results are audience appropriate.
- Other duties/functions:
- Trains others on Microstrategy and Excel
- Functions as a team player within the department and embodies collaboration
- Performs other duties as assigned.