Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Leave Specialist (e.g., Worker's Compensation, FMLA, ADA)
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Effectively manage leave of absence cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related applicable leaves and employment laws. Coordinate and execute the accurate and timely completion of day-to-day employee leave management, ensuring employees receive prompt and accurate information.
- BA degree and one (1) year related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leave of Absence (LOA) Case Management:
- Manages all aspects of leave and provides extensive case management as well as coordinates administrative aspects of the case and any applicable claims.
- Interprets and proactively administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Workers' Compensation etc.), including complex leaves interacting with multiple laws, benefits and business demands.
- Builds business relationships with employee, department leaders, and supervisors and maintains appropriate contact with employee and department management to educate, provide updates, guidance, and consultative advice to effectively manage leaves, resolve matters related to employee leaves, and help the business to anticipate future leave planning and impacts.
- Conducts research and recommends viable solutions to leave issues.
- Collaborates with the Employee Relations team to effectively manage broad complex cases.
- Documents information regarding leave cases, ensure consistent application of department's personal leave of absence policies and aligns HR services to department's business needs.
- Contacts the provider to obtain further information or clarification on employee leave cases.
- Ensures employee benefits impacted by the leave of absence including but not limited to Personal Day accrual & Temporary Disability Insurance usage, Flexible Spending Accounts monthly credits, Long Term Disability, and annual mandatory leave balances are accurate and correct. Handle corrections and resolve non-routine adjustments as needed. Communicate with Payroll staff to discuss and resolve HR/Payroll system data entry issues and KRONOS time and attendance issues to ensure accuracy of applicable employee benefits.
- Manages the expectations of employees and management, ensuring they understand their role and HR's role in the leave management.
- Provide educational support to management and employees related to compliance and administration of leaves.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of procedural changes and document new procedures, track process and workflow changes.
- Analyze errors/problems to minimize future concerns and recommend efficiencies.
- In collaboration with ER lead the creation and updates to the Department's Attendance and Punctuality guidelines on an annual basis.
- Provide analysis of policies as it relates to organizational consistency and business needs.
- Manage department's attendance guidelines and ensure the appropriate disciplinary action is applied consistently, timely and accurately.
- Addresses any attendance related questions and anticipate their needs and concerns.
- Support management and employees with education related to their department's Attendance and Punctuality guidelines.
- Responsible for auditing and managing and configuring the Attendance system.
- Other duties as assigned: Including but not limited to, benefits and leave education, and unit/departmental project participation.