Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Support Specialist
Job Reference #: 5000486492906
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
The Human Resource Support Specialist performs duties with some or all of the different functional HR areas including benefits, training, compensation and administration following established plan administration and procedures in areas such as health insurance, group life, 401(k), Section 125 plans, long term disability, retirement, worker's compensation and nonexempt/exempt merit reviews and record maintenance.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) and one (1) year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process initial hire information. Complete, verify and process various benefit claim forms and applications for all employee benefit programs. Review and determine benefit effective dates for new and rehire employees. Initiate and process all employee benefit related enrollments, changes and adjustments according to applicable benefit procedures and guidelines. Process status changes associated with employee life events. Assist in the administration and processing of retirement and monthly reconciliation of ASH and health plan billings. Process termination information and input data into the HR/Payroll system.
- Assist in the administration and processing of mandated and non-mandated leave of absence (LOA) policies according to state and federal laws (e.g. FMLA, HFLL, PDA, USERRA, and Worker's Compensation). Track forms and certifications to ensure completion and submission within the required timelines. Review and validate LOA documents and information. Prepare internal employee communication to inform employee about leave determination. Conduct routine and sensitive leave of absence counseling.
- Notify supervisors of upcoming employee performance reviews. Track and audit completed salary vouchers for nonexempt/exempt merit review and employment status change forms. Input data changes into the HR/Payroll system, review, validate and update reports within require time frame. Track "below expectations" performers until they "meet expectations". Keep VP of HR apprised of status. Respond to inquiries from supervisors regarding review dates, grades, salary increases, and issues of a confidential nature.
- Provide administrative support for HR functional areas. Maintain accurate record-keeping procedures including set-up and maintenance of employee records in standard format. Provide assistance to internal and external visitors and callers by responding to general inquiries for all HR functional areas. Coordinate with outside vendors to microfilm terminated employee files, replenish department first aid kits, and employee badge supply orders. Ensure posters required by federal and state law are displayed at all HMSA and subsidiary office locations.
- Provides administrative support for HR coordinated events including, but not limited to, Open Enrollment, Aloha United Way and Length of Service activities. This can include some physically demanding assignments, including transporting and lifting items up to 25 lbs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.