Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Manager, Technical Services - Security
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Information Technology Manager, Technical Services - Security is responsible for the management of HMSA's operational IT Security capability. The position leads the IT Security team, and is responsible for the execution of cybersecurity, architecture and engineering, and security operations functions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as Information Technology or Information Systems and eight years of relevant technical and business experience across multiple technologies and business functions; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. May substitute a higher level degree in related technical/business area for less work experience.
- One year of supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of area-specific concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to manage system implementation life cycle activities and processes.
- Formal training, certification or working experience in one or more of the following areas are desirable:
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- A working understanding of HIPAA, SOC 2, NIST and HITRUST.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls and supporting Software-as-a-Service solutions
- Business knowledge of the healthcare industry, and the application of technologies utilized at HMSA.
- A working understanding of best practices for integration and automation of IT Security monitoring tools.
- Experience with the mapping of framework requirements to IT Security controls.
- Experience with migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud within highly regulated environments.
- Experience with the application of IT Security controls to cloud platforms.
- Experience with proposing changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operation efficiencies and regulatory compliance.
- Experience with assisting resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by auditors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads and manages the Unified Communications, Network, Database Operations, Security, Systems Engineering or Desktop Management team.
- Acts as a point of escalation for any user or business stakeholder issues.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business units throughout the organization so as to understand their working environments and communications needs. Recommends and oversees the implementation of unified communications, desktop infrastructure, Database Operations, Security, Systems Engineering or network solutions that support business requirements.
- Conducts effective resource management for the team. Oversees the assignment of resources to a variety of project and operational tasks.
- Hires, manages the performance of, and mentors team members. Develops and oversees the implementation of training plans that improve the performance of technical staff at all levels.
- Oversees project management functions associated with area-specific projects, to include analysis, planning, design, implementation and transition to operations.
- Ensure that established Service Level Agreements for the unified communications, desktop infrastructure, Database Operations, Security, Systems Engineering or network environment are met, and support governance functions through the application of controls and the provision of metrics.
- Conduct incident and problem management in support of the unified communications, desktop infrastructure, Database Operations, Security, Systems Engineering or network environment, overseeing the resolution of incidents and conducting root cause analysis within established Service Level Agreements. Identify and resolve systemic issues that improve the user experiences.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors. Oversee the purchasing of hardware, software and licensing, and the execution of professional services. Regularly evaluate vendor services against cost to ensure value.
- Develop and implement the team plan in support of broader Technical Services objectives.
- Manage the team budget. Takes appropriate action to remain in budget.