Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Infrastructure Architect is a member of HMSA's Infrastructure Architecture team. This position provides the necessary leadership, design and troubleshooting of multi-disciplinary architectural solutions that support business strategy. The Infrastructure Architect is accountable for maintaining a holistic view and roadmap of interconnected technologies across the organization. This position participates in regular communication with other functional groups and business units including cross-functional support for IS teams including, but not limited to, data center environment, IT networks, unified communications, desktop support team, and cloud enablement team.
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as Information Technology or Information Systems and four years of IT architecture and design experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. May substitute for a higher level degree in related technical/business area for less work experience.
- Two years of experience working on the architecture of cloud environments.
- Five years of experience in at least two of the following IT solution development disciplines; technical architecture, network management, service provider operations, data center management, application development.
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise technical architecture.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to manage system implementation life cycle activities and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designs and lead the implementation of IT architecture to support enterprise business strategy and business requirements.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of strategy, policy and solutions.
- Participates in Technical Services division responses to audits and inquiries.
- Leads and manages responses to incidents and escalated technical issues.
- Provides consulting support within projects to ensure architectural alignment.
- Establishes relationships with business partners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and influence strategic initiatives.
- Monitors the current state of the architecture portfolio to identify deficiencies, areas of technical debt, and misalignment with business requirements.
- Understands and keeps up to date with technology trends to enable evolving business and operation models.
- Conducts incident and problem management in support of Technical Services foundational infrastructure, overseeing the resolution of incidents and conducting root cause analysis within established Service Level Agreements. Identifies and resolves systemic issues that improve the user experiences.
- Identifies and maps governance activities required to support regulatory compliance, and architecture assurance.
- Ensures alignment of Technical Services roadmaps from current to future state.
- Facilitates the evaluation, proof of concept, and selection of software and hardware products, standards and services.
- Maintains documentation of design and architecture analysis work.