Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Business Continuity
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Business Continuity Manager is accountable for overseeing and delivering an efficient and effective Business Continuity Program that supports HMSA's business continuity needs commensurate to the associated risks, remains aligned with HMSA's commitment to its external customers and complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
Will be expected to establish the strategic/tactical direction of the program and direct all personnel and business unit management (and representatives) required to carry out the activities necessary to design, implement, enhance, manage, monitor and execute the HMSA Business Continuity Program.
The Business Continuity Manager must have the necessary technical skill sets to identify, recommend, assess and manage business continuity solutions, and to evaluate the adequacy of business continuity effort for information technology solutions critical to HMSA's Business Continuity Program.
- Bachelor's degree and three of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three years of experience in Business Continuity program in dedicated role such as planner, lead or manager.
- One year of supervisory or management experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong people skills including collaborative and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication and consulting skills.
- Must be able travel to offsite business locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In close coordination with respective Business Continuity project leads and managers from other departments will direct, facilitate and collaborate between business functional areas to ensure business continuity program efficiency and effectiveness, functions including but not limited to:
- Program, project management
- Identify, assess and enhance program effectiveness for continuous quality improvements
- Communicate and collaborate with business functional areas to ensure program adequacy
- Coach and support business unit personnel on business continuity matters
- Escalate issues, recommend solutions, identify needs and report program status to Executive management and related business unit management
- Project and departmental planning
- Risk and value management
- Project Status reporting
- Continuous program improvements to ensure program effectiveness
- Identify internal and external environmental changes and recommend enhancements to the BC program to ensure its effectiveness, e.g. technology changes, vendor changes, business environment changes
- Set standards, policies, process, procedures
- Establish training, evaluation and monitoring systems to support the continued enhancement of the program
- Manage implementation of overall BC Program
- Process and business change implementation