Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Membership Services Advocate
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
To provide Best Customer Experience, Most Affordable Care, and Best Quality Care, by resolving enrollment, eligibility and billing issues and inquiries from members and employer groups accurately and timely. Ensure that all government, association and department guidelines, objectives and performance standards are met. Perform quality assurance audits and provide recommendations to improve customer satisfaction.
- Associate's degree and one year work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, managing time and priorities appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve enrollment, eligibility and billing issues and inquiries timely and accurately from members, employer groups and third party administrators by phone, email and written correspondence by:
- Researching and collaborating with other units or departments to find a solution
- Accurately updating member records
- Contacting external partners who provide services to HMSA's members
- Providing member or group education on enrollment, billing (bill presentment) and bill payment
- Promoting electronic and bill payment options