Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager - Information Systems
Job Reference #: 5000507661406
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Works on highly complex programs consisting of projects that may include the management of other project managers.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, specialized training or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Eight years of IT project management experience or two years of experience managing major projects.
- Successful completion of a recognized project management training or equivalent project management work experience.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing all aspects of the planning, execution, controlling, and closure of programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives high-level business requirements and develops detailed requirements. Prioritizes efforts and maintains and manages inter and intra project dependencies.
- Refines resource requirements and forms project teams. Further defines estimates for financial, physical or human resources to support long-term projects and programs.
- Champions the development of best practices, project standards, procedures and quality objectives across multiple projects/programs and organizations. Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project/program expectations and ensuring that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Integrates detailed project plans and schedules into a master program plan.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned programs, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of individual project efforts. May manage project/product leads.
- As needed, facilitates the evaluation, selection and contract negotiation for external vendors and independent contractors. Manages relationship with external vendors working to support project requirements. Assesses performance against project milestones/schedule, metrics, scope, quality as defined by contract specifications. Acts as liaison between business client and vendor.
- Makes presentations to solicit program buy-in, report on project status, conduct problem resolution and other types of communication to a variety of audiences.
- Monitors program milestones and critical dates, scopes, cost and quality to identify potential risks. Initiates ways to resolve schedule and other project-related issues. Keeps management aware of the situation. Manages any effects on related projects.
- Assesses variances from the program and project plans, integrates metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives. Ensures that business owner and/or project executive sponsor has a process to track outcome and satisfaction metrics. Manages effects on related projects.
- Conducts project review and closure at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction of the program and each related project.
- Continuously provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project or overall program performance. Works with development team to integrate areas of improvement into the systems development life cycle and project management processes.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with program stakeholders.
- Coaches or mentors less experienced personnel. May conduct performance reviews and career planning sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned. One example of this would be to personally manage projects when such a need arises.