Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager, Sales Operations
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Manages project planning, execution, control, and closure on medium to large AMS departmental projects and represents AMS on corporate projects and tactical initiatives. Analyzes the full scope of a project's goals and objectives, translates the analysis into a project scope, schedule and resource budget, and takes responsibility for the project's successful delivery.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of related work experience: or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three years of project management or equivalent team leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Execution:
- Manages the project team to ensure all project tasks, deliverables and milestones are completed according to schedule.
- Communicates project status and progress to the project team, stakeholders and executives on a clear and consistent basis.
- Identifies and manages project issues and risks, analyzes and documents business decisions, and manages project changes that could impact the overall project scope, schedule or budget.
- Provides overall review, analysis and approval of business cases, business and technical requirements, test strategy, plans and cases and as needed, assists with completion of these deliverables.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and direction to the project team.
- Communicates individual team member roles, responsibilities and expectations and ensures that all team members have the required tools and training to perform effectively.
- Continuously provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Proactively works to remove roadblocks that could impede the team's progress.
- Develops a productive and consultative working relationship with project stakeholders.
- Works with project stakeholders and executives to define the project business case, goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Develops and documents the project scope, schedule and resource budget.
- Identifies detailed project activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, resource assignments and due dates that guide the project's execution to a complete, timely and cost-efficient delivery.
- Develops and documents high-level business requirements and workflows by applying sound critical thinking and decision making methods.
- Manages collaborative working relationships with internal HMSA departments and external vendors and partners to coordinate and complete project-dependent tasks and deliverables.
- Assesses vendor performance against contract specifications and service level agreements.
- Acts as a liaison between AMS and internal HMSA departments, vendors and business partners.
- Gathers metrics to assess variances from the project scope, schedule and budget and implements changes as necessary to ensure the project remains within its specified objectives.
- Develops project quality assurance methods and measures and gathers metrics for monitoring progress.
- Facilitates and documents project lessons learned and ensures project documentation is completed and stored in a project repository before the project is closed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.