Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Technical Services
Job Reference #: 5000510377506
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Works on one or more small and medium-sized, moderately complex projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of general project management experience or 1 year of IT project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Requires working knowledge of end-to-end software development lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing, at times with assistance, the planning, execution, controlling, and closure of projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives high-level business requirements and works with stakeholders to prioritize efforts.
- Refines resource requirements and forms project teams. Further defines estimates for financial, physical or human resources to support long-term projects and programs.
- Develops methods, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress. Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives, sometimes with assistance.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations and ensuring that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
- Manages relationship with external vendors working to support project requirements. Assesses performance against project milestones/schedule, metrics, scope, quality as defined by contract specifications. Acts as liaison between business client and vendor.
- Makes presentations to solicit project buy-in, report on project status, conduct problem resolution and other types of communication to a variety of audiences.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates, scope, cost and quality to identify potential risks. Initiates ways to resolve schedule and other project-related issues. Keeps management aware of the situation.
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives.
- Conducts project review and closure at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Continuously provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project stakeholders