Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Account Manager - Community Group Sales
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
This position serves as the principal HMSA representative in sales and in developing relationships with employer groups in the small group market place. This position requires in depth analysis of employer group needs and corporate direction, and the ability to align HMSA product offerings and strategic sales initiatives in the development of group plan proposals.
This position will support overall sales strategies as well as implement group-specific sales and retention strategies.
Priority Parking: Driving Required (50% or more of the essential duties in the job description requires traveling offsite) for business travel for meetings with employer groups.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related work experience; or an equivalent amount of education and related work experience.
- One year successful sales experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with understanding of group dynamics.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
- Must have valid driver's license, access to an automobile with current license, registration and no fault insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement account plans that align HMSA products and strategic objectives to employer groups' objectives and benefit programs.
- Use exceptional selling skills to promote and implement products and services through various methods, including site visits, correspondence, telephone, email/internet, power point presentations, and one-on-one customer service.
- Protect HMSA's market share through the successful renewal and retention of assigned accounts.
- Meet goals, minimum activity requirements, key performance metrics and achieve annual sales revenue and membership growth objectives.
- Identify, create and implement action plans for all at-risk accounts.
- Manage 100-150 accounts and provide solutions based on customer requests.
- Serve as a conduit of HMSA products and services for customers.
- Expand relationship with groups through the sale of new products; coordinate problem solving associated with group inquiries.
- Participate in account planning with employer groups.
- Educate employer groups on HMSA and industry trends and the impact of these trends on cost and utilization.
- Manage internal and external customer relationships to ensure that employer needs are identified and addressed.
- Work with USAble Life for ancillary product proposal development.
- Provide input to Marketing department for marketing strategy development.
- Evaluate customer's business requirements and develop proposals that meet or exceed customers' requirements.
- Understand and identify the strategic vision and objectives within the employer group organizations while aligning HMSA products and services to ensure those business objectives are achieved.
- Industry knowledge
- Actively maintain an understanding of the drivers and trends within HMSA and the healthcare industry that affect HMSA's employer groups and shape their business and buying decisions.
- Responsible for bringing information about the marketplace, customer needs perspectives, expectations, demands and requests to HMSA. (obtain competitor information from within each assigned account)
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities and opportunities. Research and communicate marketing and sales intelligence relating to competition and changes in the marketplace.
- Participate with employee health benefits professional organizations.
- Maintain accurate records of all account activity and provide management with a weekly report on proposal/sales activity, jeopardy/lost accounts, major servicing issues.
- Other Duties/Functions:
- Special projects as assigned.