Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Scrum Master I
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers. Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision-making and support organizational project or product teams by performing and demonstrating the necessary skills, activities, and competencies of a Scrum Master. Projects and/or products will typically be related to critical organizational issues and broad design matters. The Scrum Master I acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important Department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of product or project development experience (or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team), or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization; understanding of facilitation techniques
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Knowledge of refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Demonstrated experience to facilitate planning and problem solving with product management, and delivery teams
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Coaching
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization and cross-functional skillset and domain knowledge;
- Responsible for getting team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching/development techniques.
- Works with team to resolve team impediments.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization. Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
- Coaches Scrum team members to communicate effectively, both internally and externally
Working with the Scrum team
- Facilitates and/or supports all Scrum Events; Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice and guidelines;
- Supports the Product Owner in Product Backlog management
Working outside the Scrum team
- Works with the managers and Business Partners to provide feedback and escalate team impediments, assisting with resource activities (e.g. infrastructure support, licensing, etc.) and team growth
- Define and/or refine team metrics to understand and communicate team performance
- Assist with internal communications (to other teams, stakeholders, project management, governance, and leadership) and external communications (including vendors) to provide transparency
- Ensure team adherence to governance and audit activities.
- Collaborate with other teams, stakeholders, managers and vendors on planning and release alignment as needed.
- Assist people outside the team understand how to best work with the team (e.g. direct them to the Product Owner when new requests come in)
- If necessary, assist in task execution (i.e. testing, etc.)
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed