Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Analyst - Financial Services
Job Reference #: 5000329081306
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Provide financial management, financial analysis and financial reporting for government and commercial programs/plans and for provider contracts with emphasis on contract compliance, financial stewardship and benefit cost management. Identifies, enhances and transforms current processes and policies to make them more efficient and effective. Inform management in a timely manner of situations requiring procedure and workflow changes.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Project Management Skills: Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects and assignments with formatted output, narrative and data interpretation.
- Financial Skills: Demonstrated ability to prepare financial analyses and cost-benefit studies with design requirements, output format and analysis of results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and PC applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement standard plan or provider financial and operational reports in response to customer requirements and business needs; lead and implement financial internal controls and risk management; facilitate definition of data and other information requirements; define efficient data assembly methods; and maintain adequate documentation for general reference and audit purposes. Works to understand and analyze complex financial data queries, and creates functional summary reports for presentation to management.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in project workgroups (tactical, "A" priority, business as usual, process improvement); function as project manager and leader for business and system projects; facilitate definition of project requirements and deliverables; influence the progress of team activities and the successful implementation of the project. Document and share project activities, analyses and decisions. Develop, analyze, recommend, and enhance workflow processes related to project deliverables. Evaluates alternative solutions/decisions in light of the potential impact on internal/external resources; understands the resource implications of solutions and makes other potential recommendations
- Develop, analyze, recommend, and monitor reimbursement and provider contracting strategies; prepare reports that measure the effectiveness of reimbursement and contracting terms and the influence they may have on overall program/plan cost and utilization.
- Validate and maintain quality and consistency of data and reporting; on a proactive basis identify and isolate potential problems and work with staff within and outside of the department to develop and implement resolutions; develop and communicate data adjustments and workarounds. Propose these resolutions to management to clearly define the increase in value and productivity associated with the changes.
- Validate and maintain production tables/files or programming for reporting and other databases and coordinate all updates with impacted departments; coordinate necessary updates with other departments to ensure that all databases that support plan or provider reimbursements and reporting are appropriately maintained and analyze ways to develop more effective and efficient processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.