Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager - Client Services
Job Reference #: 5000471507206
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Works on one or more medium to large-sized, moderately to highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of general project management experience or 5 years of IT project management experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing all aspects of the planning, execution, controlling, and closure of projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives high-level business requirements and develops detailed requirements. Prioritizes efforts.
- Refines resource requirements and forms project teams. Further defines estimates for financial, physical or human resources to support long-term projects and programs.
- Applies best practices, and develops project standards, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress. Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations and ensuring that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
- Facilitates the evaluation, selection and contract negotiation for external vendors and independent contractors. Manages relationship with external vendors working to support project requirements. Assesses performance against project milestones/schedule, metrics, scope, quality as defined by contract specifications. Acts as liaison between business client and vendor.
- Makes presentations to solicit project buy-in, report on project status, conduct problem resolution and other types of communication to a variety of audiences.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates, scopes, cost and quality to identify potential risks. Initiates ways to resolve schedule and other project-related issues. Keeps management aware of the situation.
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives. Ensures client has a process to track outcome and satisfaction metrics.
- Conducts project review and closure at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Continuously provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance. Uses past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project stakeholders.
- Coaches or mentors less experienced personnel.