Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Trainer/Coordinator (Customer Relations - Honolulu)
Job Reference #: 5000533809206
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Maximize the capabilities of Customer Relations representatives to efficiently respond to member and provider inquiries by providing a comprehensive training and evaluation program, encompassing benefit and procedural knowledge as well as system navigation. May serve as team lead in supervisor's absence.
- Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency as a customer service representative or related equivalent.
- Experience as a training instructor in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced command of English and grammar rules.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires occasional travel to Kapolei and neighbor island offices.
- When traveling to work at a neighbor island office, overnight stays up to a week at a time for the duration of a new hire class may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive & coordinate training requests from Operations and work with supervisor to prioritize and schedule based on Staff Development's availability & assignment of instructors. Maintain schedule to ensure that all objectives and deadlines are met and resources allocated. Communicate schedule to the Staff Development and Operations units on a consistent basis.
- Instruct new hire, line of business, and promotional training classes relating to benefits, systems, and servicing, as directed. Conduct initial and follow up training for skill development of higher level representatives (Team Lead, etc.), including but not limited to coaching, communication, and facilitating meetings. Produce creative activities to increase retention in adult learners.
- Assess and determine trainee readiness levels. Utilize innovative coaching and developing methods during class and On-The-Job-Training to successfully transition trainees into their role as customer service representatives. Provide status reports and feedback to management.
- Create new training programs based on the identified career path needs of Customer Relations staff. Work with content administrator to update and maintain existing training manuals to ensure continued accuracy of information.
- Develop and distribute quizzes to Customer Relations staff to identify topics for refresher or promotional training. Create an environment to promote staff participation in providing meaningful feedback to the Staff Development unit relating to training needs. Present findings to Staff Development team at unit meetings.
- Evaluate and document the accuracy, efficiency, and servicing skills of Customer Relations staff and provide actionable feedback to operations staff. Provide ongoing support to the Customer Relations staff by being an available source of information, when needed.
- Other duties and functions:
- Queue support and other duties as assigned.