Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Administrative Services
Job Reference #: 5000541713106
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Supervise staff and oversee operations for special projects, internal and external document reproduction; and incoming, outgoing, and interoffice mail processing and delivery services.
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- One (1) year in a supervisory role or otherwise demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have valid driver's license and maintains an acceptable driving abstract.
- Requires safely operating a company vehicle to perform essential duties and accomplish business related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Resource Management: Select, train, and develop knowledge, job skills, and core competencies of the coordinators, specialists, and analysts, to maximize productivity and meet the unit objectives and support longer term operational goals.
- Evaluate and monitor staffing needs and development across multiple units according to the changing business environment to ensure the most efficient and effective resource allocation.
- Following the corporate Performance Management Program (PMP) process, establish individual objectives and performance standards that support the unit, department, and corporate goals. Provide feedback and coaching to reinforce and reward behaviors which build a corporate culture that is in line with HMSA's vision & mission.
Production Management: Provide direction and guidance to unit coordinators, specialist, and analysts.
- Review print and mail volumes, performance, and trending reports with Unit Coordinators to provide guidance and develop strategies to effectively manage print, mail, and project deliverables.
- Lead interdepartmental discussions regarding business initiatives, operational workflows, and process improvements.
- Initiate or respond to communications with providers, members, BlueCross Blue Shield Association, and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.
Managerial Guidance: Provide guidance during internal or external audit activities. Provide guidance to Unit Coordinators. Review and approve proposed enhancements to operational controls to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
- Collaborate with management team on the development of unit business plan, resource plan, and budget. Monitors unit performance and makes necessary adjustments to meet the plan and budget.
- Direct and guide process improvements, innovation activities, and other corporate events.
- Develop and maintain reports related to performance.
- Attend and complete HMSA training and compliance activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.