Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Customer Relations (Kapolei)
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
In collaboration with a Customer Relations (CR) Contact Center Manager, helps to oversee all aspects of a Customer Relations Contact Center operation. Assists in overseeing human resource management of Customer Relations staff, coordinating workforce management, and ensuring staff is providing accurate and timely servicing to members and providers via the telephone, in writing (e.g., hard copy correspondence and email) and in-person servicing. Serve as a key contributor to achieving contact center internal and external goals and standards including the Association's First Call Resolution (FCR) and Member Touchpoint Measures (MTM), corporate goals such as Māhie 2020, Net Promoter Score, positive customer satisfaction levels, and employer groups' performance guarantees.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- One (1) year of leadership skills (e.g., coaching/mentoring, managing workflows, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coach others.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, researching, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Advanced command of English and grammar rules.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote leadership, engagement, accountability, and innovation by mentoring staff and managing all personnel-related tasks fairly and consistently, including but not limited to auditing employee performance, administering training, developing and monitoring personalized Performance Management Programs, implementing employee improvement plans, addressing workplace personnel issues, reconciling attendance records, explaining policies detailed in HMSA's employee handbook, optimizing employee performance, implementing employee recognition programs, developing and administering Employee Survey Action Plan, promoting employee morale, and addressing all personnel issues in accord with HMSA's protocols.
- Review results from First Call Resolution surveys that measure customer satisfaction and staff effectiveness in resolving inquiries with minimal impact on customers. Use survey data to effectively coach staff to improve their servicing effectiveness and their customer satisfaction scores. Use survey data to recommend business process changes that improve the customer experience and reduce inquiry volume, costs, or increases efficiency across the organization. Demonstrate proficiency in the Web-based tool that is used to access, analyze and act on the survey data. These functions are performed on a daily basis.
- Supervise the operational activities of employees responsible for resolving complex inquiries for HMSA members and providers. Issues are multi-faceted and resolved using a combination of personal knowledge, systems and on-line tools. Lines of business include PPO Medical, HMO Medical, Senior Plans, and Vision.
- Oversee staffing levels and call center coverage in concert with the Customer Relations management to ensure the Association's Member Touchpoints Measures related to First Call Resolution and other industry standard measures such as inquiry accuracy, inquiry timeliness, abandonment rate, average speed to answer and Grade of Service are met or exceeded. Develop and implement activities that improve contact center consumer satisfaction survey results.
- Represent the needs of our members and providers while participating on cross-functional corporate project implementation teams, report back to Customer Relations management staff, and follow up as needed. Participation may require development of business requirements, writing test cases, and validating results. Decisions made during project implementation have sweeping impact on providers and members.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.