Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst - Finance Team
Job Reference #: 5000487193006
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
Provides support for moderately to highly complex applications.
Works on multiple projects as a project team member. May lead technical component development.
- Bachelor's degree in programming/systems or computer science, specialized training, certification and three years of programming/systems analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. May substitute a higher level degree in programming/systems or computer science, specialized training, certification and less work experience.
- Requires increased skill in multiple technologies and detailed knowledge of one segment of the business.
- Requires advanced programming techniques and application design.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance and support of applications. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Participates in the project planning process with clients, business analysts and team members.
- May assist in the development of work plan timelines. May manage workflows to meet sub-project timeframes.
- Identifies system requirements.
- Complies with architecture processes, principles, policies and standards
- Assists in buy vs. build recommendations. May provide input into evaluation of system options, risk, cost versus benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
- May evaluate and provide recommendations for application packages.
- Designs moderately complex solutions.
- Develops technical specifications for applications. Makes recommendations for the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- May identify best sources of data and works with data architects to ensure feasibility with corporate data sources, when needed.
- Able to extract data from multiple sources. Able to design and implement complex data transformations. Able to load transformed data into information management system. May adjust ETL processes to maximize efficiency of business user queries.
- Utilizes middleware tools for designing and developing solutions when required.
- Develops or modifies application components using disciplined software development processes.
- Complies with quality standards and procedures. Participates in software inspections and quality reviews.
- Conducts unit testing to ensure application meets specifications. Implements integration test plans.
- Documents new or modified components, testing activities/results and other areas such as application-wide error handling and backup/recovery procedures.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Analyzes existing applications to identify and document opportunities for improvements.
- Makes integrated components production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Provides Tier II (application) support. May provide Tier III level support. Troubleshoots existing systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions.
- Provides technical coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.