Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Lead, Customer Engagement
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Team Lead supports the Unit Supervisor/Manager and provides leadership for the unit by overseeing and prioritizing the work to ensure that performance goals and standards are met.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer servicing skills.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With minimal guidance, reviews reports produced by other departments/units/functions to assess unit performance. Works with management to adjust workflows, procedures and work assignments as needed or required to maintain and/or improve performance and to meet business objectives. Prepares responses to all levels of management as needed.
Collaborates within and across the department to facilitate changes or improvements needed to resolve operational or customer issues, gain operational efficiency and/or ensure compliancy. Document changes to policies, workflows and procedures. Evaluate results upon completion.
- Demonstrate understanding of business functions (subject matter expert) by planning and providing input into training content and material; Analyzing individual performance results (based on feedback within and outside the unit) to identify training gaps to maximize productivity.
- For new staff, audit their transactions and assess their progress against standards.
- For less experienced staff, serve as primary resource for assistance.
- For experienced staff, provide assistance for complex situations when needed.
- Provides feedback (i.e. problem resolution) to management for purpose of including interim and year-end performance reviews.
- With minimum guidance, understand and monitor functional adherence to satisfy government compliance and contractual/licensure agreements by:
- Reading, understanding, interpreting and taking action on complex federal laws/regulations and/or contractual agreements
- Assessing business operational impact and implementing controls and/or procedure changes to ensure quality and compliance/performance standards are met
- Escalating when a functional team is at-risk of not meeting a performance standard or will be non-compliant.
- Providing guidance to staff to ensure correct knowledge, understanding of policies, process and/or procedures.