Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Lead - Travel Unit
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
Assist Travel Business Unit meet and exceed accuracy and efficiency goals by motivating, encouraging, and mentoring all representatives as they work with our members and providers to ensure that our members receive timely access to the care they need. Be a positive role model in our organization and community as we demonstrate and promote improved health and well-being.
- Associate's degree and two (2) years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with phone coverage and coordinating travel to ensure our Service Level Agreements are met consistently.
- Support Travel Business Unit management with supervisory support in the areas of site management (monitor staff to ensure that adequate staff are available to take travel calls and coordinate travel), workload assistance, general staff communication, and staff coordination and oversight.
- Proficient in analyzing problems and creating end-to-end resolution. Must have thorough and comprehensive working knowledge of all lines of business of HMSA's plan provisions for eligibility requirements, travel benefits, travel policies, vendor payment policies, and administrative policies.
- Take ownership of every customer interaction as the subject matter expert to ensure the customers' needs are resolved with just one contact whenever possible. This involves coordinating with all areas within HMSA, as well as external contacts including providers, airlines, taxi vendors, and lodging vendors.
- Support Travel Business Unit staff in ensuring the best customer experience for members and providers by working with internal HMSA departments; completing quality assurance audits that ensure timeliness, accuracy, professionalism, and an optimal customer experience; and providing timely, relevant coaching to representatives in a professional and constructive manner.
- Handle elevated irate/complaint/grievance situations from members and providers. Resolve the complaint by assessing the root cause, providing the appropriate resolution, and evaluate the effectiveness of travel policies and procedures. Provide feedback to the staff, internal HMSA departments, and management so as to better manage subsequent similar calls.
- Other duties/functions:
- Take direct action to identify areas of research and implement process improvement ideas that improve the customer experience and reduce inquiry volume, costs, or that increase efficiency across the organization.
- Collaborate with management staff and peers in activities that support HMSA's mission of improving the health and well-being of our state.
- Perform other duties/functions as assigned.