Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trainer/Coordinator II (Customer Relations - Honolulu)
Job Reference #: 5000533805206
Exempt or Non-ExemptNon-exempt
Maximize the capabilities of Customer Relations representatives to efficiently respond to member and provider inquiries by providing a comprehensive training and evaluation program, encompassing benefit and procedural knowledge as well as system navigation.
- Associate's degree and two (2) years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency as a customer service representative or related equivalent.
- Experience as a training instructor in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Advanced command of English and grammar rules.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of PC & Microsoft office applications.
- Requires occasional travel to Kapolei and neighbor island offices.
- When traveling to work at a neighbor island office, overnight stays up to a week at a time for the duration of a new hire class may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct new hire, line of business, and promotional training classes relating to benefits, systems, and servicing, as directed. Develop presentation skills by working with supervisor and team members. Produce creative activities to increase retention in adult learners.
- Assess and determine trainee readiness levels. Utilize innovative coaching and developing methods during class and On-The-Job-Training to successfully transition trainees into their role as customer service representatives. Provide status reports and feedback to management.
- Create new training programs based on the identified needs of Customer Relations staff. Work with content administrator to update and maintain existing training manuals to ensure continued accuracy of information. Research and provide real-time examples of claims, medical notes, etc to be used in training module presentations.
- Develop and distribute quizzes to Customer Relations staff to identify topics for refresher or promotional training. Create an environment to promote staff participation in providing meaningful feedback to the Staff Development unit relating to training needs. Present findings to Staff Development team at unit meetings.
- Evaluate and document the accuracy, efficiency, and servicing skills of Customer Relations staff and provide actionable feedback to operations staff. Provide ongoing support to the Customer Relations staff by being an available source of information, when needed.
- Other duties and functions.