Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vendor Relationship Analyst
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Vendor Relationship Analyst (VRA) provides analytical expertise to inform decisions related to IS strategic vendor management. Effectively uses data to explore ideas that will help bring value to the department, organization, and advance HMSA's business objectives. Activites may include but are not limited to sourcing, contract review management, and finance.
- Bachelor's degree and four years of contract, vendor management and software asset management experience or other industry equivalent; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fundamental and legal understanding of contract terms
- Understanding of software licensing models
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Project and MS Outlook.
Duties and Responsibilities
The vendor management analyst is primarily responsible for, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Facilitates the budget and financial planning for IS vendor management with key department leadership.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and enforcing the vendor contract review process and ongoing cost management.
- Assists in any changes or amendments to the original agreement; evaluates implications on current processes and leads the communication and implementation of changes as needed.
- Develops and communicates a vendor roadmap, governance, strategy and metrics; presents recommendations and results to help decisions makers understand the drivers of performance.
- Act as a liaison between the strategic vendors and corporate departments, being an escalation point for finance and contract related issues as they arise providing management and/or Director with research and supporting documentation for issue resolution.
- Leads cross-functional efforts related to the creation and communication of the vendor scorecard (dashboards).
- Prepares sourcing plan, demand forecast and spend allocations for vendors.
- Analyzes existing vendor products and tools, create business case for future considerations that bring operational value and financial savings.
- Ensures vendor delivers the agreed upon product, services and/or maintenance agreements.
- Manages vendor data within a single repository for reporting, renewal considerations, leveraging business value and risks for financial cost negotiations.
- Participates in end-to-end vendor procurement to ensure vendor mangement service level agreements are included in the RFI/RFP to final contracting process.
- Develops, implements, and enforces audit procedures for vendor performance results and share vendor report card with appropriate management.
- Holds regularly scheduled calls with vendor to discuss Service Level Agreement and dashboard/report card results.
- Works with vendor to set goals and review during regular scheduled calls, agree to action plans and manage vendor to deliver agreed upon items.
- As issues are identified, works with vendor to identify root cause and corrective action plans to avoid a reoccurrence of the issue.
- Prepares monthly/Quarterly and annual Vendors' Performance Scorecards for Management reviews of Service Provider performance and the Executive Steering Committee's annual Service Provider relationship meeting.
- Acts as SME for others engaging in vendor relationships, vendor governance processes and vendor relationship industry practices.
- Contributes to continuous improvement in vendor governance.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.