Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vendor Relationship Manager
Exempt or Non-ExemptExempt
The Vendor Relationship Manager (VRM) manages the business relationships with HMSA external partners and vendors which interface with the IS department. Responsible for all tactical aspects relating to the development of new initiatives and implementation of new programs and products. Manage the processes of vendor sourcing, contract execution, budget planning, and vendor performance management.
Oversees the research and evaluation of vendors and manages the vendor selection process.
Defines the IS vendor management strategy and ensures new initiatives align with departmental and organizational goals and support the overall business strategy.
Develops collaborative working relationships with business partners at all levels and vendors to deliver business solutions.
Provides support to the organization for problems with vendor products and services and oversees the resolution of service issues with vendors and the development and ongoing monitoring of corrective action plans.
Vendor Assignments and interactions are primarily medium to high strategic vendors.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of contract, vendor management and software asset management experience or other industry equivalent; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fundamental and legal understanding of contract terms.
- Understanding of software licensing models.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Project and MS Outlook.
- Strong facilitation, teambuilding and decision making skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the budget/financial and strategic planning for IS vendor management with key department leadership.
- Establishes standards and manages the process for vendor contract review and ongoing cost management.
- Assists in any changes or amendments to the original agreement; evaluates implications on current processes and leads the communication and implementation of changes as needed.
- Develops and communicate a vendor roadmap, governance, strategy and metrics; presents recommendations and results to help decisions makers understand the drivers of performance.
- Acts as a liaison between the strategic vendors and corporate departments, being an escalation point for finance and contract related issues as they arise providing management and/or Director with research and supporting documentation for issue resolution.
- Provides strategic guidance to cross-functional teams on the creation and communication of the vendor scorecard (dashboards).
- Develops and prepares sourcing plan, demand forecast and spend allocations for vendors.
- Analyzes existing vendor products and tools, create business case for future considerations that bring operational value and financial savings.
- Ensure vendor delivers the agreed upon product, services and/or maintenance agreements.
- Manage vendor data within a single repository for reporting, renewal considerations, leveraging business value and risks for financial cost negotiations.
- Participate in end-to-end vendor procurement to ensure vendor management service level agreements are included in the RFI/RFP to final contracting process.
- Audit vendor performance results and share vendor report card with appropriate management.
- Hold regularly scheduled calls with vendor to discuss Service Level Agreement and dashboard/report card results.
- Work with vendor to set goals and review during regular scheduled calls, agree to action plans and manage vendor to deliver agreed upon items.
- As issues are identified, work with vendor to identify root cause and corrective action plans to avoid a reoccurrence of the issue.
- Develop and prepare monthly and annual Vendors' Performance Scorecards for Management reviews of Service Provider performance and the Executive Steering Committee's annual Service Provider relationship meeting.
- Act as SME for others engaging in vendor relationships, vendor governance processes and vendor relationship industry practices.
- Develop and contribute to continuous improvement in vendor governance.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to represent and advocate for the best interests of the department and HMSA.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to identify vendors that have similar products and/or services and perform appropriate analysis, business case for combining services and reducing overall number of vendors.
- Creates technical specifications and solutions to advance the effective and efficiencies of the IS Vendor Management Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.