Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Management - Project Engineer
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Construction Management-Project Engineer will report directly to the Construction Project Manager, this position is usually site based. Responsibilities include direct contact and overview of the General Contractor to ensure a high level of quality and safety is maintained as required by both Jacobs and our client. Office work would include involvement with the creation and review of both Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders. This at times is a client facing position.
- Oversee that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures
- Oversee that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices
- Provide technical support to Project Managers. Develop and maintain project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices and submittals
- Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Report the status of projects to Jacobs' business / market leader
- Attend client program meetings as needed
- A safety leader through example, words, and compliance
- Oversee construction quality assurance
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5 years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create a collaborative environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Inclusive and Diverse culture as well as our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.