Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FEMA Disaster PA TAC IV-- Project Manager--Region IX
We are seeking Project Managers to build a roster in support of our FEMA client in Region IX; Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada for disaster recovery efforts. We are seeking local candidates who reside these 4 states to help support our program locally.
Jacobs has a contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), known as the “Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC)” to provide technical assistance support for FEMA disaster related operations throughout the U.S.
FEMA uses the PA TAC nationally to obtain Civil Engineers, Construction Managers, Construction Inspectors, Project Managers, TAC Coordinators and other related professional services to assist state and local municipalities in developing grant applications for Federal Public Assistance funding for the repair of their infrastructure damaged by natural or man-made disasters (roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, water treatment facilities, etc.).
These individuals will manage the PA grant delivery process (from Applicant assignment to Exit Briefing) for an average amount of eight (8) individual applicants simultaneously. The number of applicants will vary from approximately 1 to 15 depending on the number of projects and complexity of projects that an applicant claims. These individuals must ensure program delivery in a timely, professional, customer-centric manner that meets all assigned Applicant's recovery priorities.
In this role, you may have the following general responsibilities:
• Reviewing information gathered during the Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) for assigned Applicants
• Conducting Exploratory Calls to gather information from Applicants using assigned templates
• Developing an understanding of each Applicants' projects and recovery priorities
• Conducting and facilitating Recovery Scoping Meetings with Applicants using assigned documents
• Working with Applicants to logically group and prioritize projects based on the Applicant's recovery priorities
• Establishing regular meetings with the Applicant to facilitate the program delivery and recovery process
• Tracking and following-up with the Applicant on FEMA's Requests for Information and documentation submission
• Coordinating transmittal of documents and information between the Applicant and FEMA's Consolidated Resource Centers utilizing a web-based tool, phone, and email
• Scheduling site inspections with the Applicants and coordinating them with the Site Inspector Task Force Leader
• Identifying need for and engaging technical specialists and environmental/historic preservation compliance specialists when appropriate throughout the program delivery process
• Reviewing and validating damage details, scopes of work, and costs with the Applicant
• Participating in regular FEMA meetings by providing updates on work status
• Evaluating claims and making recommendations to FEMA as to whether the claim is eligible
• Discussing and resolving eligibility issues
• By day 55 after the Recovery Scoping Meeting, verifying with the Applicants that all disaster-related damages have been identified and documented
• Assist with the development of the Determination Memo by completing appropriate sections and communicating final determinations to the Applicants
• Conducting Exit Briefing with the Applicant using assigned documents
In preparation for task orders, we are looking for candidates that are interested in working on the PA TAC. Please note, qualified candidates must be U.S. citizens, able to pass a FBI background check, be able to mobilize within 48 hours of contracts awarded, and open to working 8-12 hours per day, 5-6 days per week, potentially in remote disaster conditions. Most of the job responsibilities will be conducted in a FEMA office.
The successful candidateswill have the necessary experience based on the positions needed fordeployment. Due to the nature of the work, selected candidates must meet thefollowing requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check prior to becoming eligible to deploy. This background check process is extremely time sensitive and qualified candidates must be willing to complete the process within 7 days.
- Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours, commit to up to 6 months or longer on a disaster operation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have significant focus and experience in providing excellent customer service, attention to detail and must have excellent communication (writing and verbal) skills.
The ideal candidate willpossess the following skills and experience:
- Prior Project Management experience within a technical field.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Preferred experience includes prior experience in the PA Program: Site Inspectors, Program Delivery Managers, Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist (Sections 404 and 406), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist.
- Preferred trainings include: Program Delivery Manager training, Site Inspector training, Public Assistance Operations I (PA Ops I), Public Assistance Operations II (PA Ops II), Project Worksheet (PW) Development, Cost Estimating Format (CEF), Debris Management/Operations, and/or 406 Hazard Mitigation.
- Qualified candidates must complete the required FEMA Training Courses (IS-632 and IS-634). This training must be completed prior to mobilizing for any FEMA disaster work.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
Special Note: The initialwork for FEMA may be up to 12 hours per day, 5-6 days per week. Rotations homeapproximately every 45-60 days (5-7 days) are provided to each deployed staff asapproved by FEMA management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.