Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Mid
Jacobs is seeking a qualified InformationTechnology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II EnterpriseOperations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enablesUSSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special OperationsForces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronizeplanning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of ourteam, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group(EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provideworld-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around theworld in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security,end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
The Help Desk midprovides support to users in resolving problems using help desk center tools.The responsibilities of the help desk mid may also include support in the areasof electronic mail, account creation and maintenance, standard desktopapplications, and applications developed by the Government. The Help Desk mid requiresa strong understanding of voice and data communications, LAN/WAN equipment andoperations, networking, network components, vendors, and points of contact fortroubleshooting hardware, software, PC, and printer problems, as well as callcenter support for Government programs. General IT experience includesbackground in information systems development, network operations, applicationperformance in a client/server environment, or related fields. Specialized IT experienceincludes the management of help desks in a multi-user environment, acomprehensive understanding of PC operating systems, an in-depth knowledge ofnetwork and electronic mail operations, and prior supervision of help deskemployees. The Help Desk candidate must have a demonstrated ability tocommunicate exceptionally well both orally and in writing, as well as have apositive customer service attitude.
- Creating and implementing knowledge basedarticles to support troubleshooting and resolution of common user issues
- Creating and maintaining network user accountsusing Active Directory Users and Computers
- Resolving user issues with desktop applications,network connectivity, email and other IT services using remote desktopapplications and deskside
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT I or higher
- Preferred Education: None
- Experience using
- BMC Remedy Incident Management System
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- Remote Desktop applications
- Force Management software
- Preferred Certifications:
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Support Center Manager (SCM)
- HDI Support Center Analyst (SCA)
- MOS Master
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates. Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Call or after hours' support may be required
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of foreign national, government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards.
- Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.